Tuesday, October 2, 2012

You should say Yes

How embarrassing. Not only am I trolling for dates on the internet, I'm going to write about them for everyone to read.

We've all heard about the woman who made a vow to say "yes" to every date she was asked on. She found true love. Check out The Year of Yes here: http://www.amazon.com/Year-Yes-Maria-Dahvana-Headley/dp/1401308724

I've decided to do something similar. I am putting myself on an Internet dating site, I am going to say yes to my "gentleman callers", and I am going to do some of my own asking.

Since this is not my first rodeo, I have some idea of the treasures of humanity that await me. I tried writing out a few of the highlights, but they looked innocuous once I listed them. Lives with his parents? No big deal really; frozen pizza is his favorite food? We all have some low brow guilty pleasures. Drives a semi truck? Cool, he has a job.

As of yet, I don't have set expectations for what I want out of this adventure.  Except for the adventure of dating itself.  There is nothing in the world like the feeling before a first date. We can explore these in a different post.

My profile has been active for a week. I have my first date next week.  Is that slow?  Whatever.  Build it and they will come. 

Obvious Question:  Do I disclose this blog to my dates? 

No comments:

Post a Comment