Wednesday, October 3, 2012

How to ask someone out (on the internet)


I said yesterday that I had a date scheduled for next week, and now I have two dates!  I had two free evenings and so I booked myself another date.  It’s really not that hard.  I’ll clarify, finding a date on the internet is not that hard.  Asking out a real live person can be hard.  But for this purpose, it’s just a matter of writing someone back and saying:

 
“Hey, thanks for your message.  I looked at your profile and you seem (interesting, fun, like a good match).  Would you like to meet for a drink or coffee in the next few weeks?  Let me know.”

 
I see no point in exchanging a week’s worth of emails with a postage stamp sized photo.  Once contact has been made, it’s time to screen the match in person. 

However, if you are initiating the first contact, you can’t ask them on a date right away.  That’s crazy.

   
There are really only two options for the first meeting, especially if it’s a blind date.  A drink.  Or coffee.  I have one of each next week.  It has been ages since I’ve meet someone for coffee after 11am.  Actually I think the last time I did that I was 17 and couldn’t get into the bars.  I actually am not a coffee drinker.  Is it too wimpy to order some herbal tea on that date?  I really can not handle caffeine. 


If I was better at blogging I would insert a picture of one of those cute coffee cup pictures with the heart traced into the foam.  I am worried about copyrights.


No comments:

Post a Comment