Thursday, October 4, 2012

McJudgerson

I think grammar is important. I was an English major in college. While I still do not know all of the comma rules, I do know some other rules. If you break these rules, I will judge you. If that is not scary enough, I likely will not respond to your message.  Now there's a threat. 
 
I doubt that I am the only one who feels this way.
 
Here are some red flags I look for.  Pay attention if you ever plan on asking me out. 
 
The correct use of There, Their, They're. This link explains it best
 
Examples:
Hello there! Look over there! I've been there before.
Their grammar is poor. Their picture is cute.
They're late. They're going to the movies tonight.
The correct use of Your and You're.  You're is a contraction of You Are. Your is possessive.
 
Examples:
You're cute.
Your profile is interesting. What is your favorite book?

 
And finally... the correct use of LEND and BORROW. I cannot believe how many people know this rule and continue to use the words in the incorrect form.
 
Example:
Can I borrow your sweater?
Sure, I can lend you my sweater.

 
Take notes. Bookmark this post. I am serious. 

No comments:

Post a Comment