Thursday, April 11, 2013

The last good year?


Having recently turned 29, I spent some time talking to my therapist about benchmarks and where I thought I should be at this age.  I am very comfortable with my life as it is and I like it.  I am in no big hurry to change it, but I would like to buy a home soon.  Finding a boyfriend would be nice (obviously I am looking for one) but the search does not define me nor does it depress me.  Well…some dates leave me concerned about the quality left out there, but I have read enough romance novels to believe that he is out there somewhere. 
I hear more from friends and Hollywood actresses that they love their thirties and feel more comfortable in their own skin.  The teenage years are hard enough, but it seems that the feelings that arrive with them stick around through the twenties as well. 
On my birthday, everyone told me this was going to be the best year ever.  No one said it was going to be the last good year of my life, or that it is all downhill when you turn 30. 

But… I found this article on my newsfeed. 
We also asked when a woman is most beautiful: Men believe female beauty peaks at 29, while women give themselves a few more years, answering, on average, 31."
Sounds like I have less good years left in me than I thought. 

No comments:

Post a Comment