Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Date Night


I had a date on Sunday.  It was not a first date, or even the third date.  A specific plan was never established, but the general idea involved dinner and a movie, maybe some bar games if we felt like it. 
I showed up in jeans, wellies, and a chambray button up.  My date opened the door and was wearing dress pants, a sweater, and a tie. 
Apparently he was in the mood to go someplace nice.  His thought was since “You always look nice” I did not need to be alerted to the upgrade in venue. 
Shoot.  The time I really go for casual totally backfired on me. 
We went to dinner at the fancy place and still received excellent service and delicious food.  Halfway through the bottle of wine I stopped feeling bad about my outfit. 
Word to the wise:  if you want to take your girl out to a nice place, tell her before she gets dressed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment