Thursday, January 17, 2013

Saying Yes


In the spirit of saying “yes” I have started giving out my phone number more when I am at a bar out and about.  Here is a story about what can happen when you give out your number to strangers. 
My phone rang on Monday night around 6:30.  Since I get a lot of work calls forwarded to my cell phone, I picked it up. 
“Hello, this is Megan.” Super professional.
“Hey Megan, how’s it going?” Friendly, feels more like a social call. 
 “Doing well, just on my way home from work, how are you?”  Buying time and trying to get a clue about who this is.
“Yeah, just heading home from class, I had a lab today, blah blah blah.”  Yeah, I have no idea who this is.
I kept asking questions so I did not have to embarrass myself  by asking “wait, who is this?” five minutes into the phone call.  I found myself admitting that I was free the next night.  To a total stranger.
He asked if we could go swing dancing for our date. Ding ding ding!  It was one of my dance partners from NYE.  He looked like Brad Pitt from 1993 and had his face painted like an Avatar (it was a thing at the bar that nhight) and he danced like he was in the movie Strictly Ballroom.  Oh, and he is 24.  
I had ignored a text from him earlier this week asking the same question.  But then I realized that when a man invites you out dancing, you should say yes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment